[Event] Quezon City LGBT Pride March
Quezon City LGBT Pride March
Vote for this article for the 5th HR Pinduteros’ Choice Awards…
Rainbow Greeting!! In behalf of the QC Pride March Team (QCPM) with the support of the Quezon City government and the Quezon City Pride Council (QCPC), and in celebration of the 75th Jubilee anniversary of Quezon City, we invite you and your organization to celebrate the Quezon City LGBT Pride March!
With the theme, “EQUALITY. Walang Labis, Walang Kulang,” this year’s theme focuses on the assertion for equal rights for lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) persons. As we celebrate the gains achieved on LGBT rights throughout the years, there is still much work that needs to be done and thus, the need to continue asserting for equality and equity in society.
The QC LGBT Pride March 2014 celebration will be on Saturday, December 13, 2014 and will have the following events:
- LGBT PRIDE PARADE – The Parade will start at Tomas Morato – Timog – East Avenue – Matalino Street and will end at the Quezon Memorial Circle where a short program will be held to culminate the event.
- LGBT PRIDE ACCESSORIES – LGBT accessories, shirts, rainbow flags and other novelty products will be sold throughout the event. If you are an interested seller, please email the QC Pride team.
- LGBT PRIDE FLOAT COMPETITION – all groups, organizations and local Barangays with a fabulous float using recycled materials are automatically included in the float competition. Top prize will get P 30, 000, P20, 000 and P10, 000 in cash!
- QC LGBT RAINBOW Awards – Recognition will be given to selected individuals/groups who have asserted the promotion of LGBT rights in the Philippines.
- DIVERSITY FASHION SHOW – if you want to showcase your clothing line, be a model for the night or, why not both? Then this is your event!
To join the celebration, you can register online at http://www.qcpridecouncil.com/p/qc-p.html OR send the accomplished reply form to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will email and send an SMS communication to confirm receipt of your registration.
You are also requested to send a representative to attend the Acquaintance/Orientation meeting on THURSDAY, Nov 20, 1-4 (final date & time) pm at the Bulwagang Amoranto, 3rd floor, Main building Quezon City Hall. This is also the time where groups will draw lots for the sequence of parade participants during the parade.
Should you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact Dindi Tan at 0916.6114640 and/or email email@example.com.
Let’s celebrate LGBT Pride as we assert equality and acceptance!
Yours in Pride and Equality,
Ging Cristobal – Overall QC Pride Coordinator
Noted & Approved,
Soxie Topacio, Chairperson
Quezon City Pride Council
All submissions are republished and redistributed in the same way that it was originally published online and sent to us. We may edit submission in a way that does not alter or change the original material.
Human Rights Online Philippines does not hold copyright over these materials. Author/s and original source/s of information are retained including the URL contained within the tagline and byline of the articles, news information, photos etc.