“Feminist Flashmob for Women’s Rights” finalist for the 3rd HR Pinduteros Choice for HR VIDEO
Vote for the video “Feminist Flashmob for Women’s Rights” by PH TakeBacktheTech for the 3rd HR Pinduteros Choice for HR VIDEO.
See Video @ https://hronlineph.com/2012/12/12/featured-video-feminist-flashmob-for-womens-rights-ph-takebackthetech/
Women human rights defenders first blended with the vendors, with some holding balloons, as fortune-tellers, beggars, etc. Three dancers started clapping to the tune of the music, then seven dancers joined releasing purple balloons bearing the logo of the World March of Women. They were joined by another 20 coming from the crowd, until it grew to 70. The last batch of dancers, students from the University of the Philippines –Manila made it a throng.
On the last minute of the song, as steps turned to hip-hop, dancers took off their costumes, revealing white shirts which defiantly bore words “RH Now” in the face of continued delay in its passage in Congress. Some shirts shout “Climate Justice!”, in the face of ongoing negotiations in Doha, Qatar and the devastation of typhoon Pablo in Mindanao. Other shirts carried slogans such as “Women Need FOI!”, “Secure Jobs for All!” and “Scrap VFA!”
Around 100 participated in the flashmob from Alliance of Progressive Labor (APL), Bagong Kamalayan, Batis Center for Women, Buklod, Center for Migrant Advocacy (CMA), Coalition Against Trafficking in Women – Asia Pacific (CATW-AP), Focus on the Global South, Foundation for Media Alternatives, KAISA – Nagkakaisang Iskolar para sa Pamantasan at Sambayanan – UP Diliman, KAISA-KA, Pambansang Koalisyon ng Kababaihan sa Kanayunan (PKKK), Partido ng Manggagawa, Sarilaya, TIGRA Philippines, UP Manila students, WomanHealth Philippines, Women’s Crisis Center (WCC), and Youth and Students Advancing Gender Equality (YSAGE)
This Video Production was part of 16 days x 16 stories of Take Back the Tech campaign
Produced by Foundation for Media Alternatives (FMA)
Editor: Hazel Tan
Videographers: Eric Sister, Hazel Tan, Johanna Acielo, Hazel of Sarilaya
This entry was posted on December 12, 2012
See video @https://hronlineph.com/2012/12/12/featured-video-feminist-flashmob-for-womens-rights-ph-takebackthetech/
Iboto ang iyong #HRPinduterosChoice para sa HR VIDEO.
Ang botohan ay hanggang sa 11:59PM ng Nov 15, 2013.
Ikaw para kanino ka pipindot? Simple lang bumoto:
• i-LIKE ang HRonlinePH.com FB page (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Human-Rights-Online-Philippines/160809923975269) , sa photo album ay i-LIKE ang thumbnail/s ng iyong mga nais iboto, i-share at ikampanya.
• Maari ring bumoto sa pamamagitan ng pagpindut sa button sa poll sa ilalim ng bawat nominadong post na matatagpuan din sa ilalim ng post na ito.
• Most number of the combined likes sa FB at sa poll buttons ang magiging 3rd HR Pinduteros Choice na kikilalanin sa 2013 HR week celebration.
Makiisa sa pagpapalaganap ng impormasyon hinggil sa karapatang pantao. Pindot na!
WHAT IS 3RD HR PINDUTEROS CHOICE AWARDS? https://hronlineph.com/2013/10/01/3rd-human-rights-pinduteros-choice-awards/ — with Nica Dumlao.
- 3rd Human Rights Pinduteros Choice Awards (hronlineph.com)
- [Blog] Pinduteros para sa karapatang pantao By Mokong Perspektib (hronlineph.com)
- 3rd Human Rights Pinduteros Choice Awards (mokongperspektib.wordpress.com)
- Pinduteros para sa karapatang pantao (mokongperspektib.wordpress.com)