By Chona Yu, Karen Boncocan
MANILA, Philippine – Tensions rose as authorities attempted to demolish some 1000 houses in Barangay (village) Old Balara in Quezon City Wednesday morning but authorities are trying to prevent an outbreak of violence through negotiations, according to reports culled by INQUIRER.net.
A 990AM report said residents became hostile as they prevented the demolition team together with some 200 policemen deployed in the area from taking down their homes. Some residents also barricaded the middle of Commonwealth Avenue, causing traffic in the area.
Read full article @ newsinfo.inquirer.net
- [In the news] Police blotter tells story of blocked witness – Inquirer.net (hronlineph.wordpress.com)
- [In the news] Kin of massacre victims oppose accused transfer – inquirer.net (hronlineph.wordpress.com)
- [Blogger] Brazen Display of Power – Carpe Diem (hronlineph.wordpress.com)
- Qc Energizes Resettlement Community in Rodriguez (tuklasinnatin.wordpress.com)
- Qc to Start Building Houses for the Responsible Poor (tuklasinnatin.wordpress.com)
- [Press Release] Claretian Priest, Kris Literacy Group Call for Humane Treatment of Relocated Informal Settlers – Kristiyano-Islam Peace Library (hronlineph.wordpress.com)
- [Press Release] First Filipina-Muslim Zonta International Awardee To Donate Part of Her US $4,000 Prize Money to Empower Muslim Women and Children (hronlineph.wordpress.com)
- Qc Needs Blood Donations From Mall-goers (tuklasinnatin.wordpress.com)
- [In the news] Aquino: Filipinos starting to taste ‘true freedom’- INQUIRER.net (hronlineph.wordpress.com)
- Qc to Start Mass Relocation Soon (tuklasinnatin.wordpress.com)