[In the news] Cayetano wants FOI passage fast-tracked – InterAksyon.com
Cayetano wants FOI passage fast-tracked
MANILA, Philippines – Senate Minority Leader Alan Peter Cayetano on Thursday said there is a need to fast-track the passage of the Freedom of Information bill, saying a “clean president” or an honest administration are not enough to end corruption in government.
Cayetano also said he was giving the administration the “benefit of the doubt” for again not including the FOI bill among the priority measures endorsed by President Benigno Aquino III to the Legislative Executive Development Advisory Council meeting earlier this week.
“Kailangan pabilisin na ito (This needs to be fast-tracked),” Cayetano told a press briefing. “Ang magandang balita naman dito ay ang lahat nagkakasundo na importante ang FOI para na ma-inform ang tao sa kung ano ang nangyayari sa gobyerno at essential ito sa good governance para malabanan ang corruption (The good news is everyone agrees that the FOI is important in informing people about what is happening in government and is essential to good governance so we can fight corruption).”
Read full article @ InterAksyon.com
- San Cayetano Group : Paraguay (kiva.org)
- [People] TALKING POINTS on HUMAN RIGHTS SITUATIONER 2011 By Dr. Renato Mabunga (hronlineph.wordpress.com)
- Transparency International calls on FIFA to improve governance (businessinsider.com)
- Corruption-weary Indians support activist’s fast (foxnews.com)
- Lessons on Leadership & Good Governance (kunledurojaiye.wordpress.com)
- State of the Nation Address (SONA) fashion (mygirlmylife.wordpress.com)
- Good Corruption, Bad Corruption and Ugly Corruption (lalitkeshre.wordpress.com)
- [In the news] 13 measures tackled in 2nd Ledac meeting – www.sunstar.com.ph (hronlineph.wordpress.com)
- [In the news] No FOI bill in today’s LEDAC – www.philstar.com (hronlineph.wordpress.com)
- Orji to journalists: Don’t use FoI Law to witch-hunt leaders (vanguardngr.com)