Doctors unite to oppose bill lowering age of criminal liability
The country’s leading alliances of pediatricians, child psychologists, psychiatrists, neurologists, and medical specialists have united to express their strong opposition to the bill seeking to lower the minimum age of criminal responsibility.
Before the press on Thursday, the following medical organizations declared they are backing child rights advocates in the fight against House Bill 8858, which would lower the minimum age of criminal responsibility from 15 years old to 12:
- Philippine Pediatric Society
- Child Neurology Society Philippines
- Philippine Society for Development and Behavioral Pediatrics
- Philippine Society of Adolescent Medicine Specialists
- Philippine Psychiatric Association
- Philippine Society for Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Child Protection Network
- Child Rights Network of the Philippines
- Philippine Medical Association
Read full article @www.gmanetwork.com
Submit your contribution online through HRonlinePH@
Include your full name, e-mail address and contact number.
All submissions are republished and redistributed in the same way that it was originally published online and sent to us. We may edit submission in a way that does not alter or change the original material.
Human Rights Online Philippines does not hold copyright over these materials. Author/s and original source/s of information are retained including the URL contained within the tagline and byline of the articles, news information, photos etc.