[Announcement] The Mindanao Human Rights Action Center Job Opening
The Mindanao Human Rights Action Center (MinHRAC) seeks candidates to the following positions under its Protection Monitoring and Legal Assistance Project funded by the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR).
1. PROJECT ASSISTANT – The Project Assistant will provide administrative and project support to the Legal Aid Officer and the Protection Monitoring team based in the Cotabato City Headquarters.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• College graduate
• excellent writing and communication skills;
• ability to handle large volume of work and have excellent organization skills;
• strong attention to detail
• ability to deal with time pressure and a demanding work environment;
• willingness to travel to remote parts of Mindanao
• excellent interpersonal skills, team worker;
• ability to take initiatives and be flexible and adaptable in a changing environment
• working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
• working knowledge of any of the languages spoken in Mindanao considered an advantage;
• significant experience living and working in ARMM communities preferred but not required;
• prior work experience with public interest organisations focusing on human rights preferred but not required.
2. STAFF LAWYER / LEGAL AID OFFICER – The Staff Lawyer / Legal Aid Officer will be part of the MinHRAC quick response and legal aid team , in addition to serving as resource person on human rights and international humanitarian law trainings and orientation sessions.
In addition to the qualifications above, candidate for Lawyer position must be:
• willing to be based either in Cotabato City or Zamboanga City
• a member in good standing in the Philippine Bar
• preferably with 2 years’ litigation experience.
Interested applicants may send their resumes to email@example.com
Human Rights Online Philippines does not hold copyright over these materials. Author/s and original source/s of information are retained including the URL contained within the tagline and byline of the articles, news information, photos etc.