PNoy is set to sign a law which leaves out women in prostitution as criminals/vagrants!
Invitation to Take Back the Night!
(Don’t blame the women, blame the abuser!)
April 3, 2012
6 PM, Mendiola Bridge
For nine years, women’s groups, survivors and advocates have been pushing for an anti-prostitution bill that will shift the accountability away from the bought and onto the buyers as well as the profiteering business. Thus, for legislators to pass a bill simply amending the Vagrancy Act, keeping women in prostitution criminalized, while all other actors are decriminalized, is sheer callousness and misogyny. It is nothing but early and crass electioneering in the guise of being pro-poor.
PAALALA: Magsuot po ng kulay puti at magdala ng kandila upang ilawan ang labing-apat na istasyon ng krus ng mga kababaihan sa prostitusyon. Mga kontak: Clydie Pasia (4342149), Jean Enriquez (0917 8235326).
Alliance of Progressive Labor • Ateneo Human Rights Centre • Bagong Kamalayan • Buklod • CATW-AP • Center for Overseas Workers • Development Action for Women Network • Development Through Active Women Networking • EnGendeRights • Focus on the Global South • Ging Cristobal • IMA Foundation • Lawig Bubai • LUNA Legal Resource Center for Women and Children • Pagtinabangay Foundation • PKKK • PREDA • La Proteccion de la Infancia, Inc. • Rainbow Rights Project (R-Rights), Inc. • Renew Foundation • SARILAYA • SAMARITANA • Sidlakan • Talikala • Tisaka • Transform Asia • WomanHealth Phils. • Women’s Legal and Human Rights Bureau • Women’s Crisis Center • Women’s Media Circle Foundation • Youth and Students Advancing Gender Equality • World March of Women
All submissions are republished and redistributed in the same way that it was originally published online and sent to us. We may edit submission in a way that does not alter or change the original material.
Human Rights Online Philippines does not hold copyright over these materials. Author/s and original source/s of information are retained including the URL contained within the tagline and byline of the articles, news information, photos etc.
- Ala. civil rights museum exhibiting lesbian photos (thegrio.com)
- [Announcement] Manna from Heaven, Livelihood for victim-survivor of trafficking – CATW-AP (hronlineph.com)
- [From the web] Philippine Rights Delegation at the UN Calls for Justice for Filipina Human Rights Defenders, Raise Child Rights Violations under Aquino -KARAPATAN (hronlineph.com)
- [Press release] Women still in chains of poverty and abuse – Labor NGO -CTUHR (hronlineph.com)
- [From the web] Women at the frontline in the fight against torture -worldwithouttorture.org (hronlineph.com)
- [Event] “Criminalization” of Human Rights Defenders Condemned (hronlineph.com)
- Why all men should be feminists (noroom4angels.wordpress.com)
- Afghanistan shows little progress in treatment of women, group says (stripes.com)
- [Statement] Filipino Women March against US Military Expansion in the Philippines and the Pacific (hronlineph.com)
- [Press Release] P-Noy continues to skirt the issue of Human Rights -KARAPATAN (hronlineph.com)
- The Aftermath (survivorsconnect.wordpress.com)
- Chitrali women trafficked, forced into prostitution (ismailimail.wordpress.com)
- Look Behind the Closed Doors (survivorsconnect.wordpress.com)
- [In the news] Statistics on various crimes against women alarming – CWR – Bulatlat (hronlineph.com)
- [Press Release] Women workers launch kick-off march for International Women’s Day celebration -PM (hronlineph.com)