Mayor Herbert Bautista is expected to sign the new ordinance on Tuesday, and it will be fully implemented by January of 2012.
Only homeowners with city-assesed real property values exceeding P100,000 will be covered by the new tax.
Belmonte said the ordinance is just and necessary to give informal settler families a better quality of life, which in turn will spur further development in the city.
“We are appealing to the compassion of our homeowners na sana magbigay tayo ng konti para ang ating mga kapatid na hindi nagkakaroon ng oportunidad na magkaroon ng disenteng tahanan, na magkaroon din ng pagkakataong ito,” said Belmonte.
Read full article @ www.abs-cbnnews.com
- Top Taxpayers of Quezon City (tuklasinnatin.wordpress.com)
- Pro-poor Housing Remains Top Priority in Qc (tuklasinnatin.wordpress.com)
- Qc Urges Local Business Sector to Help Create New Growth Areas (tuklasinnatin.wordpress.com)
- Qc Honors Outstanding Citizens, Institutions (tuklasinnatin.wordpress.com)
- Typhoon Perding – Quezon City, Philippines (travelpod.com)
- Qc Pwds to Have Advocacy-welfare Office (tuklasinnatin.wordpress.com)
- House panel blames courts for Quezon City land row (hreplib.wordpress.com)