DepEd won’t tolerate child abuse
By INA HERNANDO-MALIPOT
MANILA, Philippines — The Department of Education (DepEd) vowed Tuesday to get tougher on violence against children in schools to shield the students against abuse, exploitation and discrimination, including bullying and other forms of violence.
According to Education Secretary Armin Luistro, a more comprehensive child protection policy will soon be implemented by the DepEd to remind school personnel and the public – in general – that “corporal punishment and violence in any form is not allowed in public schools whether committed by adults or the children’s peers.”
Luistro reiterated that school personnel who commit such acts are violating the provisions of Batas Pambansa 232 and “that they can be held criminally liable including dismissal from the service.”
Meanwhile, Republic Act 7610 listed down acts that constitute child abuse and are therefore considered a criminal offense. This includes psychological and physical abuse, neglect, cruelty, sexual abuse and emotional maltreatment. Also included is any act by deeds or words which debase, degrade or demean the worth and dignity of a child; unreasonable deprivation of his basic needs for survival such as food and shelter; as well as failure to immediately give medical treatment to an injured child resulting to serious impairment of his growth, permanent incapacity or death.
Read full article @ www.mb.com.ph
- Bullying and its Relation to Child Abuse, Sexual Victimization, Domestic Violence, and … (education.com)
- Paje lauds DepEd (tuklasinnatin.wordpress.com)
- DepEd to implement Kindergarten Summer Program (sweetlhen2008.wordpress.com)
- The Child Abuse Prevention Center Presents Its 10th Annual Charity Golf Classic, As Well As A New Website (prweb.com)
- Dating Violence Common Among Teens (education.com)
- What are the child abuse couses (wiki.answers.com)
- Child Abuse (cutie79.wordpress.com)