MANILA, Philippines – The security aide of retired army Major General Jovito Palparan accused of taking part in the abduction of University of the Philippines (UP) student activists Sherlyn Cadapan and Karen Empeno personally appeared in today’s hearing of the Department of Justice’s (DOJ) continued preliminary investigation.
Army staff sergeant Edgardo Osorio, who was recently included in the complaint for Rape, Serious Physical Injuries, Arbitrary Detention, Maltreatment of Prisoners, Grave Threats, Grave Coercion, and Violations of Republic Act(RA) No. 7438, International Convention on Civil and Political Rights, Convention Against Torture and other Cruel, Inhuman and Degrading Treatment or Punishment, submitted his counter-affidavit outrightly denying the charges.
“I categorically deny all the accusations, imputations and charges of herein complainants against me, as indicated in their Amended Joint Complaint Affidavit dated 19 August 2011, I have no participation in the alleged rape, serious physical injuries, arbitrary detention, maltreatment of prisoners, grave threats, grave coercion and violation of RA 7438 on Sherlyn T. Cadapan and Karen Empeno,” Osorio’s counter-affidavit read.
Read full article @ www.abs-cbnnews.com
- [In the news] Youth group disputes proposed Zambo power plant | ABS-CBN News | Latest Philippine Headlines, Breaking News, Video, Analysis, Features (hronlineph.wordpress.com)
- [In the news] Kin of massacre victims oppose accused transfer – inquirer.net (hronlineph.wordpress.com)
- Taylor Lautner Unable To Escape “Twilight,” Robert Pattinson (huffingtonpost.com)
- Sc Decision Fortifies Criminal Case Against Palparan in Cadapan-empeno Disappearance and Torture – Nupl (tuklasinnatin.wordpress.com)
- [In the news] Jonas Burgos, 41 – INQUIRER.net (hronlineph.wordpress.com)
- [Urgent Action] torture of a minor a 17 year old college student in Basilan, Mindanao (hronlineph.wordpress.com)
- [In the news] DOJ to review release of political detainees – ABS-CBNnews.com (hronlineph.wordpress.com)
- [In the news] 2 trafficking victims rescued in Zamboanga City | Sun.Star (hronlineph.wordpress.com)
- [Press Release] ICC would only exercise jurisdiction over a crime when a country has become a states party – PCICC (hronlineph.wordpress.com)
- [Statement] Joint Statement of AFAD and FIND On the President Aquino’s 2nd State of the Nation Address 25 July 2011 (hronlineph.wordpress.com)