MANILA — President Benigno Aquino called on the nation Sunday to make sure his father’s assassination 28 years ago was not for nothing.
Aquino, speaking at the opening of an exhibit of cartoons and photographs commemorating the life of his martyred father, Benigno Aquino Jr., said the country owes it to itself to finish what the elder Aquino started.
Before the President’s speech, videos of his father’s speeches and interviews were shown on a widescreen projector.
Among the issues tackled by the late senator was the Bataan Nuclear Power Plant (BNPP), which he said was overpriced. He said the contract price for the nuclear reactor at BNPP could have bought four reactors.
Read full article @ www.sunstar.com.ph
- [In the news] Aquino yet to decide on Marcos burial | Sun.Star (hronlineph.wordpress.com)
- [From the web] Ninoy Aquino was a political detainee (hronlineph.wordpress.com)
- Heroes Are What You Make of Them (via Weather on Neptune) (ianlopez1115.wordpress.com)
- Three “Not-So-Close Encounters” with Ninoy Aquino (edicio.wordpress.com)
- [In the news] People’s orgs give PNoy a ‘4′ in economy, rights – Interaksyon.com (hronlineph.wordpress.com)
- [In the news] Aquino receives failing mark from rights advocates | Sun.Star (hronlineph.wordpress.com)
- Noynoy Aquino SONA 2012 Transcript (foobarph.wordpress.com)
- [In the news] 13 measures tackled in 2nd Ledac meeting – www.sunstar.com.ph (hronlineph.wordpress.com)
- [In the news] Must use coal, for now: President Benigno Aquino III | Sun.Star (hronlineph.wordpress.com)
- Weekend HR Posts Rundown and Analysis 21 August, 2011 (hronlineph.wordpress.com)