People usually ask how they can be of help when they are needed to take a stand. Some are even afraid to participate because this might mean committing themselves to something far beyond what they are willing or able to do. One important factor in a cause being realized is the number of people who are willing to stand up and make their voice known.
If a person is interested in fighting for children’s rights or any other advocacy, she or he is an activist waiting to thrive or perhaps already a human rights defender who only need to expand her or his reach.
There is no formal school for one to become a human rights defender. No university degree qualifies the graduate to practice human rights documentation, monitoring and grassroot organizing. On the other hand, they should be able to benefit from the experience of others in defending human rights and to actively participate on trainings on human rights to develop technical skills needed.
Read full article @ rommelyamzon.blogspot.com
- [Blogger] I Blog for Human Rights – anthonygaupo.wordpress.com (hronlineph.wordpress.com)
- [Blogger] Join the global chorus for the protection of human rights defenders (HRDs) (hronlineph.wordpress.com)
- [Press Release] Human rights groups to P-Noy: Now Not Later is the Time to Act on Human Rights (hronlineph.wordpress.com)
- [Press Release] Political prisoners are victims of state torture – REHAS (hronlineph.wordpress.com)
- [From the web] Essential guide to the right to defend human rights – www.ohchr.org (hronlineph.wordpress.com)
- We blog for human rights! (hronlineph.wordpress.com)
- Weekend HR Posts Rundown and Analysis-July 31, 2011 (hronlineph.wordpress.com)
- [Blogger] Anchored on Principles – anakngdesaparecidos.wordpress.com (hronlineph.wordpress.com)
- [Featured Photo] A President bereft of any compassion for human rights victims and human rights – Task Force Detainees of the Philippines (hronlineph.wordpress.com)
- [Statement] Statement on the proposed amendments to Republic Act 9344 – CLAN (hronlineph.wordpress.com)