Ka Romy Castillo, deputy general-secretary of Partido Lakas ng Masa, was booked for deportation from Kuala Lumpur to Manila via Malaysian airlines 840. But the lawyers assisting him (camping outside; they are not allowed in) said that the authorities failed to bring him in to the airplane.
Ka Sonny Melencio, Chairman of Partido Lakas ng Masa, talked with Philippine embassy officials yesterday to assist in the case. Consul-General Renato Villa said the KL immigration told them that they were assured that Ka Romy would be deported last night. If this will not push through, he said they are ready to visit Ka Romy tomorrow to give assistance.
In the meantime, Partido Lakas ng Masa will have a protest picket at the Malaysian Embassy today (July 1, 2011, Friday) to press for the release of all the detained pro-democracy activists from Parti Sosialis Malaysia (PSM), and the immediate release of Ka Romy Castillo. Assemble at Petron station, Buendia Ave., corner Makati Ave. at 10am.
PLM Media Team
25 Calderon St., Project 4,
- [Event] A March for Peace – Partido ng Lakas ng Masa (hronlineph.wordpress.com)
- [Statement] PLM Statement on the resignation of Ombudsman Merceditas Gutierrez – Partido Lakas ng Masa (hronlineph.wordpress.com)
- [Statement] P125 Minimum Wage Increase Now! www.masa.ph (hronlineph.wordpress.com)
- [in Facebook] PLM Supports PALEA’s Planned Strike – Partido Lakas ng Masa (hronlineph.wordpress.com)
- [Statement] Preventable child deaths in Palawan: What happened to the CCT program? – Partido Lakas ng Masa-Women (hronlineph.wordpress.com)
- Ex-assistant Bank Negara governor charged (dinmerican.wordpress.com)