[Photo blog] Kalbaryo ng Kawalan ng Katarungan
“…let justice flow like a stream, and righteousness like a river that never goes dry.” (Amos, 5:24)
This was quoted in the Lenten statement of FIND we posted last week (See FIND statement).
To continuously call for justice, every Holy Wednesday, the Families of Victims of Involuntary Disappearance (FIND) annually hold their Lenten activity dubbed as Kalbaryo ng Kawalan ng Katarungan.
Last April 20, 2011, they gathered again at the Bantayog ng mga Desaparecido, a monument located at the Redemptorist Church grounds in Baclaran, Paranaque City.
The monument, which depicts a woman holding a torch along with a child carrying a picture of his father, immortalizes the undying hope of many families to be reunited with their disappeared loved ones.
It was unveiled on July 13,1994. A long list of victims’ names are engraved in granite pannels surrounding the monument. It was named the “Bantayog ng mga Desaparacidos.”
HRonlinePH supports the relatives of victims of enforced disappearances and human rights advocates’ call for the immediate enactment of an Anti-Enforced Disappearance law that would criminalize this despicable crime and put perpetrators in jail.
- [Statement] FIND Lenten Statement: Kalbaryo ng Kawalan ng Katarungan (hronlineph.wordpress.com)
- [In the news] Marcos victims decry delisting from suit – INQUIRER.net, Philippine News for Filipinos (hronlineph.wordpress.com)
- [From the web] 4th Year of Jonas’ Abduction -freejonasburgosmovement.blogspot.com (hronlineph.wordpress.com)
- HRonlinePH Featured Video- “Unsilenced”….the cry for justice will never be silenced (hronlineph.wordpress.com)
- Bigger fish behind Burgos disappearance, says CHR – INQUIRER.net, Philippine News for Filipinos (hronlineph.wordpress.com)
- [In the news] Mothers of the missing: Search for children, justice won’t stop – Interaksyon.com (hronlineph.wordpress.com)
- Amnesty International details ‘enforced disappearances’ in Libya (cnn.com)
Pingback: [Photo blog] Show it. Shirt it. Say it. | Human Rights Online Philippines
Pingback: Everything» Blog Archive » online photo blog
Pingback: [Statement] Enforced Disappearance is Anti-Life… No to Untold Sufferings…. Sign and Ratify the UN Convention for the Protection of All Persons from Enforced Disappearance! – AFAD | Human Rights Online Philippines
Pingback: [Blogger] City of Lost Parents: The SAD Story – anakngdesaparecidos.wordpress.com | Human Rights Online Philippines
Pingback: [Statement] Statement of the Families of Victims of Involuntary Disappearance (FIND) on the 17th Anniversary of the Unveiling of the Flame of Courage Monument | Human Rights Online Philippines