On the fourth anniversary of the abduction of activist-farmer Jonas Burgos, a political crime that sparked protests and inquiries around the world, his mother Edita wrote an Army officer with one simple request: name the one who gave the orders to seize her son.
Mrs. Burgos, who has appeared before justice and human-rights panels in the US Congress, in Europe and in countless legal forums in the Philippines, released the contents of her open letter to the Philippine media, in hopes it would spur some soul-searching in Army Major Harry Baliaga Jr., the first uniformed officer tagged in a Commission on Human Rights report as being a direct participant in the brazen abduction, on April 28, 2007 in a Quezon City mall where Jonas, middle son of the late world press-freedom icon Joe Burgos Jr., was taking his lunch.
Read full article @ Interaksyon.com (Link above)
- Statement of Edita T. Burgos, Mother of missing activist Jonas Burgos on the CHR report/Recommendation-freejonasburgosmovement.blogspot.com (hronlineph.wordpress.com)
- Military officer in Burgos kidnap relieved – INQUIRER.net, Philippine News for Filipinos (hronlineph.wordpress.com)
- Bigger fish behind Burgos disappearance, says CHR – INQUIRER.net, Philippine News for Filipinos (hronlineph.wordpress.com)
- Towards a Full and Just Closure in the Jonas Burgos Case- Commission on Human Rights (hronlineph.wordpress.com)
- [In the news] De Lima mulls inclusion of two witnesses in Burgos abduction case – INQUIRER.net, Philippine News for Filipinos (hronlineph.wordpress.com)