FERDINAND E. MARCOS is not a hero to the Filipino people. His martial law regime sent hundreds of thousands to jail, made people disappeared because of their political beliefs. He is now being elevated to become a “hero” and plans are afoot by his families and allies to have him interred in Libingan ng mga Bayani (Cemetery of Heroes).
In Congress, Marcos crony Congressman Salvador Escudero, leads this campaign. The father of Senator Chiz Escudero has already gotten 204 members of Congress to sign the petition to have Marcos interred as a hero.
Money talks—especially in the Philippine socio-political cultural setting. This distortion of getting a brutal greedy dictator buried as a hero will happen unless the people speak out and shout: “No way.”
1. Sign this petition.
2. Forward this petition to others, here and abroad.
3. Post the link in your social networking sites or pages.
5. Our goal is to reach 500,000 signatures and send the petition to the authorities and the Office of the President, the House of Representatives and the Senate.
- [In the news]Marcos burial resolution tears to shreds Edsa mandate – INQUIRER.net, Philippine News for Filipinos (hronlineph.wordpress.com)
- Marcos a Hero – Palace (ricojr2010.wordpress.com)
- Binay to Decide on Marcos Burial Issue (ricojr2010.wordpress.com)
- Palace Distances Itself Anew on Marcos Burial (ricojr2010.wordpress.com)
- 193 Lawmakers Urge Pnoy to Give Marcos Heroes Burial (ricojr2010.wordpress.com)
- harakiri or “di-na-carry” (liamandherthoughts.wordpress.com)