Winners of 1st HR Pinduteros’ Choice Awards
Bloggers’ network and various human rights organizations in the Philippines launch HRonlinePH movement and portal on 1st December 2011 at Crystal Ship Café, Quezon City. Started as a simple discussion of ideas of promoting human rights online, a group of enthusiastic bloggers and human rights defenders found each other, shared information on human rights and formed HROnlinePH. Today, it finds its niche as an effective resource on the country’s human rights condition.
Internet and social media play an important role in information-communication today. There has been an upsurge in the number of sites, and now HRonlinePH joins the larger movement of electronic campaign. HRonlinePH draws its activities through individual opinions of bloggers, facebook members, and twitters’ network on current Philippine issues. It is also highlighted by facilitation of various statements, position papers and campaign advocacies of organizations of various political traditions and affiliations to land a spot in both the print media and the digital world. It interfaces with the other human rights websites and resources online, and organizational identity in an attempt to promote an issue that best captures international human rights principles.
HROnlinePH (or Human Rights Online Philippines) is a movement specialized to promoting and protecting human rights in the Philippines through Information Resources Online. As a movement, it may fan a successful revolution as exemplified by the Arab Spring. Yet, it knows so well, that it is not THE revolution where human rights may find its place in the hearts of the States. It may be a part; it can be a part; and for HRonlinePH, it must be an essential part of winning a battle for the dignity of persons.
Visit the site, link your blogs, send your opinions and positions on Philippine issues from the optic of human rights to http://www.HRonlinePH.com [by Boyet Mabunga]
The launch was co-sponsored by Faith Based Congress Against Immoral Debt (FCAID), Philippine Human Rights Information Center (PhilRights), Alyansa Tigil Mina (ATM) and Childrens’ Legal Rights and Development (CLRD).
Winners of Pinduteros Awards
Top Ten Most clicked/visited blogger
TOP network’s posts
1. [Statement] Statement on the proposed amendments to Republic Act 9344 – CLAN
2. Rights groups slam Palace decision on PAL spin-off, support workers
3. Cagayan residents rally against black sand mining, Mining company issued a permit without public hearing
4. Urban Poor Ask Supreme Court to Order Compliance of RA 7279 in Manila Bay Clean Up
5. CHR statement on AFP torture caught on video and posted on youtube- Commission on Human Rights
6. [Statement] Is the Philippines violating the UN Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples (UNDRIP)? –
7. [Press Release] Romblon agriculture gets a boost from Secretary Alcala
8. [Press Release] Longest Temporary Environmental Restraining Order (TEPO) against Marcventures Mining Development Corp. First in Philippine Mining History!
9. Labor groups condemn P-Noy’s decision on PAL, will support PALEA’s planned strike for job security and CBA
10. Congress urged to swiftly pass Anti-Enforced Disappearance Bill
TOP Blogger’s posts
1. [Blogger] Beyond Contraception or Abortion: Passing RH Bill 4424 -Dekonztruktschon
2. [Blogger] PNoy’s 2nd SONA, So what’s new? – Carpe Diem
3. [Blogger] K-12 Challenge to Philippine Tertiary Education – Dekonztruktschon
4. [Isyung HR] ang mga SANA sa SONA ni PNoy
5. [Isyung HR] Isyung RH ay isyung HR
6. [Tula] Lahat ng tao’y may karapatan – matangapoy.blogspot.com
7. [Blogger] ‘I invoke my right against self-incrimination!’ – anthonygaupo.wordpress.com
8. [Isyung HR] and the winner is… Madam Pick-up lines!
9. [Blogger] PALEA’s history – koihernandez.wordpress.com
10. [Blogger] Voltes V generations, UNITE! Marcos is not a hero!
Most Rated post
- [Blogger] Voltes V generations, UNITE! Marcos is not a hero!-matangapoy.blogspot.com
- [Tula] Lahat ng tao’y may karapatan – matangapoy.blogspot.com
- [Petition] Marcos is NO HERO – PAHRA
- [People] Human Rights: Networks and Defenders – by Renato Mabunga
- [Literary] Debate sa RH BILL –matangapoy.blogspot.com
- [Literary/Tula] Himutok ng dalawang inang nawalan ng anak – matangapoy.blogspot.com
- [Statement] Stop harassing human rights defenders, stop vilifying people- HRD-Pilipinas
- [Statement] Torture and the Protection of Human Rights Defenders – HRD-Pilipinas
- [Blogger] City of Lost Parents: The SAD Story – anakngdesaparecido.wordpress.com
- [Blogger] PNoy’s 2nd SONA, So what’s new? – Carpe Diem
- [Blogger] PALEA’s history – koihernandez.wordpress.com
- [Press Release] Pasay judge rules for status quo on PALEA “occupation” – PALEA
Most Commented post
1. [Press Release] Political prisoners escalate their fasting to HUNGER STRIKE for freedom and human rights – http://www.tfdp.net
Top Off the shelf
1. [Off the shelf] Karapatan sa kalusugan – babasahin mula sa Medical Action Group
Most viewed video
1. [Video] Courage Unfolds Campaign and video – http://www.iglhrc.org