FDC is looking for staff that would passionately pursue its peoples agenda. FDC is in need of:
FDC offers competitive compensation. For more information on FDC’s work, kindly visit http://www.fdc.ph.
Please send your applications (CV and cover letter clarifying how you meet the job requirements, by email or fax addressed to the FDC Secretary General, on or before November 1, 2016. Please use the email addresses : firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com ) FDC’s fax number is: (+632)924.6399.
New graduates or graduating students with experiences in the social movements are also encouraged to apply, but will be considered applicants for the entry-level positions.
A. Communications and Media Officer /Staff
1. FDC Liaison to the Media – Establishes, develops and maintains relations with members of the Media (print, radio and TV). Gathers and constantly updates pertinent information and database on the media contacts and linkages in the media industry.
2. Ensures regular and timely circulation of FDC materials, information and position to media network, nationwide.
3. Works with the Advocacy and Campaign program staff in preparing press statements and press releases; Organizes press conferences.
4. Works with advocacy and campaign staff to provide FDC officers briefs and materials for their media interviews and appearances, and press conferences.
5. Monitors over-all media coverage of FDC.
6. Prepares assessments, proposals and reports on FDC’s media work.
7. Manages the posting of information and materials at the FDC website and works with the website manager for the maintenance of the website
8. Schedules/books FDC Officers and other spokesperson for radio interviews
9. Sets up systems and develops FDC’s capability for efficient and effective media work.
10. Writes and edits FDC media material including feature articles, opinion pieces and analytical materials.
11. Facilitates video documentation, and lay outing of publications.
12. Ensures accomplishment of other related tasks as may be assigned by the Secretary General.
1. Possess demonstrable capacity, skills and experiences in writing for media, media liaison work, social media, lay-out and publishing, multimedia production of campaign materials and a good grasp of the media requirements of mass campaigns and advocacies.
2. A background in the social movements.
3. A considerable experience in public campaigns, advocacy and research, with knowledge and understanding of debt and public finance, at the minimum.
4. Background and experiences in the various aspects of program work and management (ie., assessment, design, implementation, monitoring, evaluation, reporting and fund resource management)
5. Major in journalism, mass communication and preferably with an academic background in economics, public administration, or banking and finance.
6. Strong commitment to and affinity with gender equity.
7. Planning and very good communication (written and verbal) skills.
8. Strong personal initiative and self-motivation, with ability to work well in a team and independently.
9. Strong work ethics and discipline, and results-oriented
10. Problem solver.
All submissions are republished and redistributed in the same way that it was originally
published online and sent to us. We may edit submission in a way that does not alter or
change the original material.
Human Rights Online Philippines does not hold copyright over these materials. Author/s and
original source/s of information are retained including the URL contained within the
tagline and byline of the articles, news information, photos etc