One year and almost two months after transwoman Jennifer Laude was murdered by US Marine LCPL Joseph Scott Pemberton in Olongapo,Judge Roline Jabalde is expected to rule on the case come December 1 at the Olongapo Regional Trial Court.
As freedom-loving Pinoys await the outcome, we want the clamor for justice for our slain sister and kababayan to be heard clearly.
It is vital that Pemberton’s conviction will result in spending time behind Philippine prison,unlike now where he is guarded in a US facility embedded in a Philippine military base.
Anything short of this will undermine the outcome of the case.
We want you to be part of this historic decision.
Here is what you can do:
1. Pagkakaisa ng Kababaihan, True Colors Coalition, and Kilusan para sa Pambansang Demokrasya will be holding coordinated action in Olongapo and Manila on the morning of December 1.
If you/ your group wish to participate please contact Dj (0932 2959862 or09278163064) for the Manila action or Jhay (09167171398) for the Olongapo action.
2. Organize other support activities to highlight the activity.
3. Take advantage of the coming long weekend and the Bonifacio Day holiday and simultaneously go online in support of Jennifer Laude and the Filipino’s call for Justice like using the hashtags
(We include a photo which you can upload to any social media account you have: FB, IG, TWITTER, TUMBLR, etc):
4. Support the thunderclap initiative:
How to support:
1. Click the link
2. Click support with Facebook (for FB users), support with Twitter (for twitter users), support with tumblr (for tumblr users)
3. Use the three hashtags [see above] to personalize your posts
4. Share the link [copy the instructions]
This is our last hurrah before the Promulgation Day on December 1. Let’s all work together so justice will prevail.
Human Rights Online Philippines does not hold copyright over these materials. Author/s and original source/s of information are retained including the URL contained within the tagline and byline of the articles, news information, photos etc.