Philippine NGO Coalition on the UN CRC
FOR IMMEDIATE HIRING
Advocacy and Information Officer
Starting Date: For immediate hiring
The NGO Coalition CRC is a coalition of civil society organizations that monitors the implementation of the Convention on the Rights of the Child in the country, engaging the Philippine government, stakeholders, as well as the UN and ASEAN. At present, it has 17 member organizations which include 3 coalitions/alliances, and 8 international NGOs. Through its members, the coalition is able to broaden its coverage of thematic issues and geographic areas.
The coalition has a Secretariat providing support to the members, and ensures the implementation of projects. The Secretariat coordinates with the coalition’s board, working groups, thematic clusters, geographic teams and partners various activities.
Information and Advocacy Officer Position
The NGO Coalition CRC is seeking a hard-working and committed communications professional with the skills, experience, ability to be self-directed, while contributing to and supporting a team approach, and awareness of the Convention on the Rights of the Child, who will join its Secretariat team.
The Information and Advocacy Officer will be responsible for:
• Communications with diverse stakeholders including provincial and national partners, government official and policy makers, government agencies, and the general public
• Coordinating the implementation of the coalition’s advocacy/ communication plans with the Advocacy WG, Membership WG, and members
• Organizing meetings of the Advocacy WG and Membership WG
• Co-administering the website and FB page
• Writing press releases, and position papers
• Other tasks that may be assigned by the Project Coordinator
The Information and Advocacy Officer will be supervised by the project coordinator. He/She will also work closely with the lead organizations of the Advocacy and Membership Working Groups. This is a full-time term position with funding secured until December 2015. The position will be based at the Secretariat Office in Loyola Heights, Quezon City. The position may require travel to different parts of the country.
• Preferably a graduate of Communications or Social Marketing or any Social Science
• Advocacy/Lobbying work experience in a cause-oriented organization
• Experience working with a child rights organization an advantage
• Knowledgeable in website management, social media, and graphics design
• Experience with community development, and networking
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
How to apply
Please submit a cover letter, résumé, and contact information for two references as soon as
possible and no later than January 18, 2015. Applications should be submitted by e-mail to:
The Project Coordinator
All applications will be acknowledged.