[In the news] Aquino backed suspension of cops involved in Quezon shooting – Palace -INQUIRER.net
MANILA, Philippines — Malacañang confirmed on Tuesday that the preventive suspension of officials of the Police Regional Office 4A, as announced by Interior Secretary Mar Roxas, had the blessing of President Aquino.
Deputy presidential spokesperson Abigail Valte warned that those who would not cooperate with investigators of the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) into the Antimonan, Quezon shooting, would be promptly relieved, too.
“(The) refusal to cooperate will not be tolerated. (Interior) Secretary Mar Roxas will be ready to relieve them,” said Valte, when asked about the reported refusal of some members of Police Regional Office 4A in Calabarzon (Cavite, Laguna, Batangas, Rizal and Quezon) to talk with NBI case investigators tasked to come out with forensic, autopsy and ballistic findings of the Atimonan shooting that killed 13 men on Jan. 6.
Read full article @newsinfo.inquirer.net
Human Rights Online Philippines does not hold copyright over these materials. Author/s and original source/s of information are retained including the URL contained within the tagline and byline of the articles, news information, photos etc.
- Police among 13 suspects slain in Philippine clash (utsandiego.com)
- Aquino backed suspension of cops involved in Quezon shooting – Palace (newsinfo.inquirer.net)
- Calabarzon police chief, other officials relieved (newsinfo.inquirer.net)
- Cop in Quezon shootout snubs PNP probe (rappler.com)
- Purisima returns ‘poorly organized’ Quezon report (rappler.com)
- PNP sacks Quezon police chief, cops (rappler.com)
- NBI receives fact-finding report on Atimonan ‘shootout’ (newsinfo.inquirer.net)
- Police among 13 suspects slain in Philippine clash (news.yahoo.com)
- Roxas warns uncooperative cops in ‘Atimonan 13’ investigation (newsinfo.inquirer.net)
- NBI sole body to probe clash (manilastandardtoday.com)