Rights victims angry at end to Marcos wealth hunt
Agence France-Presse
January 2, 2013
MANILA – Philippine torture victims under the 20-year regime of Ferdinand Marcos vented their anger Wednesday at a reported government plan to wind down its hunt for the late dictator’s embezzled billions.
The proposal, now under consideration by President Benigno Aquino, would give the signal that people in power can commit crimes with impunity, said the group which calls itself Selda, the local word for a prison cell.
“We cannot just forgive and forget what the Marcoses did to us, nor must the Aquino government stop pursuing justice for martial law victims and the rest of the Filipinos,” the group said in a statement.
The Presidential Commission on Good Government, the agency tasked with recovering the Marcos wealth, said last month that it would soon wind down its operations after almost 30 years.
Read full article @ www.abs-cbnnews.com
Human Rights Online Philippines does not hold copyright over these materials. Author/s and original source/s of information are retained including the URL contained within the tagline and byline of the articles, news information, photos etc.



![[In the news] Pangasinan town nuke plan faces backlash | INQUIRER.net](https://hronlineph.com/wp-content/uploads/2026/02/screenshot-2026-02-09-143816.png?w=1024)
![[From the web] CHR backs stiffer penalties for hospital detention, urges focus on institutional accountability](https://hronlineph.com/wp-content/uploads/2026/02/627076470_1309237347897513_1019273190179875576_n.jpg?w=1024)
![[Press Release] PAHRA raises alarm over proposed social media registration, flags risks to free expression](https://hronlineph.com/wp-content/uploads/2026/02/fb_img_1770262130079.jpg?w=1024)
![[Featured Article] Can the country avoid a debt implosion? | FDC](https://hronlineph.com/wp-content/uploads/2026/02/625036422_1307584998074871_5515399503396314993_n.jpg?w=1024)
Leave a comment