Escudero wants implementation of Juvenile Justice Law suspended
by Karl John C. Reyes, InterAksyon.com
MANILA, Philippines – Sen. Francis “Chiz” Escudero has moved for the suspension of the implementation of the Juvenile Justice and Welfare Act, claiming that the law isn’t working for the development and rehabilitation of youth offenders.
Escudero has submitted for plenary debate a committee report that recommends the suspension of the law and the reversion to the old law on juveniel justice – Presidential Decree 603 or the Child Welfare Act under the amended Revised Penal Code.
“We want to suspend the JJ (Juvenile Justice) Law because there are no funds for infrastructure and rehabilitation of youth offenders. Suspensiyon lang ang nais namin kasi nga walang infrastructure to support the law [What we want is for it to be suspended because there is no infrastructure to support the law],” Escudero said.
Read full article @ www.interaksyon.com
- Juvenile Justice Leader Releases Interactive U.S. Data Map Revealing Racial Disparities by State (prweb.com)
- Juvenile Justice Expert James Bell Argues Nation is “Clueless” About Abusive System (prweb.com)
- Today’s mood brought to you by Rage Against the Machine. (emilylhauserinmyhead.wordpress.com)
- James Bell, Award-winning Juvenile Justice Leader Announces Conference Call to Discuss New Report (prweb.com)
- National Leader in Juvenile Justice to Work in California Counties to Address Racial and Ethnic Disparities (prweb.com)
- “Delinquent by Reason of Indigency” (sentencing.typepad.com)
- Girls in juvenile detention teach Westminster students invaluable lessons ()
- Leave the Kids Alone (reason.com)
- Mychal Denzel Smith: Less Scared Straight, More “Talk Therapy” (huffingtonpost.com)
- Law and Disorder in Philadelphia (amilcook.com)