AS THE Moro Islamic Liberation Front (MILF) rejected the government’s proposal to grant its autonomy, the Catholic Bishops’ Conference of the Philippines (CBCP) has urged the government to pursue the peace talks in Mindanao.
Archbishop Antonio Ledesma, chairperson of the CBCP Episcopal Commission on Inter-religious Dialogue, said there is nothing wrong if the government decides to bring the peace negotiations beyond the representatives of the MILF.
On Tuesday, the MILF rejected the government’s proposal for autonomy in Mindanao but said it will continue the peace talks.
Read full article @ www.sunstar.com.ph
- [Press Release] Young Filipina Bags Zonta International’s Coveted Global Award (hronlineph.wordpress.com)
- [Press Release] Gen. Danilo Lim visits hunger strikers at NBP, joins call for release of political prisoners – Partido ng Manggagawa (hronlineph.wordpress.com)
- [In the news] Bishops urge Aquino to release striking political prisoners- Inquirer.net (hronlineph.wordpress.com)
- [In the news] MILF rejects autonomy offer; Leonen, Deles see opening – GMAnews.tv (hronlineph.wordpress.com)
- [In the news] Mindanao civil society groups launch Peace Talks Watch – Interaksyon.com (hronlineph.wordpress.com)
- [Press Release] Labor groups reiterate support for PALEA, PM calls for collective bargaining as win-win solution – Partido ng Manggagawa (hronlineph.wordpress.com)
- [In the news] Scout Ranger commander reminds men on human rights laws | Sun.Star (hronlineph.wordpress.com)
- Philippine church apologizes for donation scandal (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Women to Senate: No Special Treatment for Bishops during Senate Hearing (tuklasinnatin.wordpress.com)
- Blasphemous Philippine ‘Art’ (frstephensmuts.wordpress.com)