58 human trafficking victims rescued in Sibugay, Tawi-tawi
Abigail Kwok, InterAksyon.com
MANILA – Fifty-eight potential victims of human trafficking were rescued by elements of the Philippine Center for Transnational Crimes in various operations in Zamboanga Sibugay and Tawi-Tawi last June, the Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG) reported Sunday.
Citing a report submitted to him by PCTC executive director Felizardo Serapio Jr., DILG secretary Jesse Robredo said 15 women were rescued in Ipil, Zamboanga Sibugay last June 22 while 26 women and 17 men were rescued in Bongao, Tawi-Tawi last June 17. Three of the victims were children.
Read full article @ www.interaksyon.com
- [Press Release] Visayan Forum hails PH gains against trafficking in person (hronlineph.wordpress.com)
- [In the news] 2 trafficking victims rescued in Zamboanga City | Sun.Star (hronlineph.wordpress.com)
- Philippine troops capture 2 Abu Sayyaf suspects (ctv.ca)
- [In the news] IACAT warns airport personnel aiding human trafficking syndicates ” Nation ” News | Philippine News | philstar.com (hronlineph.wordpress.com)
- Turtle Islands police won’t press charges vs 13 dynamite fishers (globalnation.inquirer.net)
- Paje urges local executives to be proactive in fight against marine poaching, illegal wildlife trade (tuklasinnatin.wordpress.com)
- ARMM teachers owed P124 M in unpaid salaries (newsinfo.inquirer.net)
- Suspected Islamists kidnap US duo in Philippines (msnbc.msn.com)
- Talisayan: More than the Usual (cbartazo.wordpress.com)
- Human trafficking: ‘If you don’t see it in your own city, you’re just not looking for it’ (theprovince.com)