The Coalition for the International Criminal Court is preparing to celebrate International Justice Day on 17 July in honor of the thirteenth anniversary of the adoption of the Rome Statute – the founding treaty of the International Criminal Court (ICC).
On this date 13 years ago, with the overwhelming support of 120 nations, the Rome Statute was adopted, leading to the creation of the world’s first permanent international court to prosecute war crimes, crimes against humanity, and genocide.
Today 116 nations have joined the Court and the number keeps growing. International Justice Day is a reminder of the urgency for all States committed to justice to ensure continued support for the Rome Statute’s international justice system.
As it has been the case for many years, the Coalition will commemorate this day in solidarity with victims of crimes against humanity, genocide and war crimes through a number of worldwide events.
Please do not hesitate to share any International Justice Day initiatives or documents with us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Also feel free to post events and comments on the new ICC International Justice Day Facebook page at: http://www.facebook.com/InternationalCriminalJusticeDay
For more information on International Justice Day visit: http://www.coalitionfortheicc.org/?mod=rome
More information will be sent to you on this mailing list as we approach 17 July 2011.
- [Press Release] Asian Civil Society Calls for Stronger Support for the ICC: Follow Lead of the Philippines and Malaysia towards Greater Accountability for Serious Crimes – CICC (hronlineph.wordpress.com)
- | No Peace without Justice ~ Will Anyone Be Held Accountable for War Crimes in Gaza? (truthaholics.wordpress.com)
- Refer Syrian President Bashar al-Assad to the International Criminal Court (theglobeandmail.com)
- Rothschild Controlled UN: War Of Aggression Against Libya Is A Gross Violation Of International Law. (politicalvelcraft.org)
- War crimes trial starts for Uganda rebel commander (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Should NATO Be Brought Up On War Crimes? (politicore.wordpress.com)
- War Crimes Trial Starts for Uganda Rebel Commander (foxnews.com)
- The Lede: Hague Prosecutor Calls for Libya to Arrest Qaddafi (thelede.blogs.nytimes.com)
- The International Criminal Court | Home Readers Section Letters to the Editor (hronlineph.wordpress.com)
- Uganda LRA war crimes trial opens (bbc.co.uk)