July 02, 2011
Decent WORK, HUMANE Working Conditions CARAVAN COMES TO HANJIN
The Church Labor Conference, a broad alliance of church congregations and labor organizations will hold a Caravan for Decent Work and Humane Working Conditions on July 3, 2011 (Sunday) from Quezon City to Subic Zambales.
This is in support of the Hanjin workers struggle for workplace safety and right to self-organization.
ASSEMBLY: In front of NHA, Quezon City Circle @7:30am
Ø 9am – Salubong at San Fernando Junction
Pampanga workers from Manggagawa para sa Kalayaan ng Bayan (MAKABAYAN) and supporters from Kilusan para sa Pambansang Demokrasya (KPD).
Bataan workers will join the main contingent.
Ø 11:30 am-Salubong @ Olongapo City and a short program at Hanjin Subic Shipyard at 1pm
Cyclists and motorcyclists will meet the main contingent at the heart of Olongapo City.
Ø Mass @ 2pm led by CBCP National Secretariat for Social Action Chairman Bp. Broderick Pabillo @ Brgy. Wawandue, Subic City.
Ø 6pm- Torch parade around Subic city.
MEDIA FRIENDS ARE INVITED TO COVER THE EVENT!
For Details please contact:
Don Pangan (Partido ng Manggagawa) 09164943187
Maria Lourdes Berin (UM-AMRSP)-0919 2504 553
Precy Dagooc(MAKABAYAN)- 0905 3652 391
- [Event] Caravan for decent jobs and humane working condition – Church-Labor Conference (hronlineph.wordpress.com)
- [Press Release] Labor groups ask Korean government to take action on Hanjin’s labor rights violations in PH – Partido ng Manggagawa (hronlineph.wordpress.com)
- [Events] Church joins labor call for secure jobs, living wage – MAKABAYAN-KPD (hronlineph.wordpress.com)
- [Press Release] Hanjin still not a safe workplace – SAMAHAN (hronlineph.wordpress.com)
- [Press Release] PALEA: Good news on May 1 is PNoy declaring policy vs. contractualization (hronlineph.wordpress.com)
- plant the house somewhere else.. (joknut.wordpress.com)