“RH Bill: The Grand Debate”
8:45 to 10:45 p.m.
May 22, 2011
on GMA News TV Channel 11
No ordinary debate, GMA News and Public Affairs has given participants of ‘RH Bill: The Grand Debate’, weeks to carefully prepare their oral arguments. This guarantees every important aspect of the debate will be represented.
Three motions or sub-topics will be tackled by the debaters: RH Bill as pro-choice, RH Bill as pro-poor and the RH Bill as being pro-women. After presenting each side, interpellation will proceed.
This early, anti- and pro- RH Bill representatives from the government, religious groups and the women’s sector are working on their arguments. A three-man team will serve as panel of reactors. The reactors will base their comments solely on the merits of the debate and not on their personal opinions about the issue.
The public can already participate in an online debate by sharing their opinions using the hash tags #proRH or #antiRH on Twitter.
GMA News and Public Affairs is keeping the list of participants and reactors under wraps at this point but for sure RH Bill: The Grand Debate will be hosted by respected news anchor Mel Tiangco. Ably assisting her will be GMA News TV personalities, Pia Arcangel and RJ Ledesma, former competitive collegiate debaters.
- [From the web] The Day of the Purple Ribbon A Secular Success |Filipino Freethinkers (hronlineph.wordpress.com)
- [In the news] Speaker sees no RH bill rush – INQUIRER.net, Philippine News for Filipinos (hronlineph.wordpress.com)
- [In the news] Anti-RH groups bring their campaign to the Visayas – Regions – GMA News Online – Latest Philippine News (hronlineph.wordpress.com)
- Iglesia ni Cristo, other religious groups favor RH bill – Nation – GMA News Online – Latest Philippine News (hronlineph.wordpress.com)
- [In the news] Palace junks own RH bill – INQUIRER.net, Philippine News for Filipinos (hronlineph.wordpress.com)
- Celebrities, Politicians Leads Purple Ribbon Campaign for Rh (ricojr2010.wordpress.com)