MARK DALAN MERUEÑAS, GMA News
The controversial show “Willing Willie” has been suspended for one month, but its suspension is already almost up.
The Movie and Television Review and Classification Board (MTRCB) will count the airing days since April 11 that the show has been voluntarily off the air. The program will also be on probation, or on a “per-broadcast permit” status, until the MTRCB decides otherwise.
“The Committee hereby directs the MTRCB Agents to conduct a daily monitoring of the show, and to submit a weekly report to the MTRCB Chief Legal Counsel, with regard to the faithful implementation of the measures committed by ABC5,” the MTRCB’s 14-page decision read.
The show was the subject of complaints after a six-year-old boy was prodded to gyrate like a macho dancer in an episode last March in exchange for a cash prize.
The board found the show’s network ABC-5 and network executive Ramon del Rosario guilty of violating Presidential Decree 1986, which created the MTRCB and empowered it to disapprove broadcast content found to be immoral or indecent.
In its decision, the MTRCB commended the network for its formal apology and for its voluntary suspension. It resisted calls by outraged critics for more severe punishment, including termination of the show.
Read full story @ GMAnews.tv (Link above)
- Tv 5 Vows Reform; May Not Be Enough for Mtrcb (ricojr2010.wordpress.com)
- [In the news] Magna carta urged for child performers on TV – INQUIRER.net, Philippine News for Filipinos (hronlineph.wordpress.com)
- Tv 5 to Dialogue With Mtrcb, Pana, Kbp and Others While ‘Willing Willie Is Off the Air (ricojr2010.wordpress.com)
- Tv 5 to Keep Willing Willie; Revillame (ricojr2010.wordpress.com)
- Liezl, Gladys, Leah and Cathy: New MTRCB members! (tatskynews.wordpress.com)
- De Lima sees violation of Anti-Child Abuse Law by Willie’s show | The Philippine Star News Headlines (hronlineph.wordpress.com)