[In the news] Iglesia ni Cristo, other religious groups favor RH bill – Nation – GMA News Online – Latest Philippine News
“We are ready to support the bills on Reproductive Health as long as there would be no immoral elements in them,” INC executive minister Eduardo Manalo said in a letter dated October 12, 2010 to Rep. Rogelio Espina, chairman of the House committee on population and family relations.
This is the first time the INC has expressed its stand on the issue.
Manalo’s letter to Espina was likewise made public only this April. It was revealed to the media by Bishop Rodrigo Tano, chairman of the Interfaith Partnership for the Promotion of Responsible Parenthoood (IPPRP), during a weekly forum at the Diamond Hotel on Monday.
Manalo explained that they are supporting the bill because it is the “moral imperative” for parents to watch over their children and provide them with food, shelter, clothing, proper education, religious, and moral training.
Read full article @ GMAnews.tv (link above)
- Aquino, Willing to Risk Excommunication for Rh Bill (ricojr2010.wordpress.com)
- Binay position on RH: Neither here nor there – INQUIRER.net, Philippine News for Filipinos (hronlineph.wordpress.com)
- What’s the Difference Between Religious Filipinos and Crazy People? (anexerciseinfutility.blogspot.com)
- Women, too, want to be heard on RH bill debate – INQUIRER.net, Philippine News for Filipinos (hronlineph.wordpress.com)
- [In the news] Reproductive Health bill now has new ally in Senate | Sun.Star (hronlineph.wordpress.com)
- Christian Churches Back Reproductive Health Bill (ricojr2010.wordpress.com)
- [In the news] Palace on RH: Democracy gives people a choice | The Philippine Star News Headlines (hronlineph.wordpress.com)
- [In the news] Ballooning population blamed for hunger | The Philippine Star News Headlines (hronlineph.wordpress.com)