[In the news] CBCP exec admits some priests support RH bill | The Philippine Star News Headlines
MANILA, Philippines – Despite the staunch opposition of the Catholic Church to the Reproductive Health (RH) bill, there are some priests who support it, a bishop disclosed yesterday. “Well, in the Church, there’s a space for dissent also… Even the 10 commandments, there are many who disobey it, right?” said Pampanga Archbishop
Paciano Aniceto, chairman of the Catholic Bishops’ Conference of the Philippines Episcopal Commission on Family and Life, in an interview.
He said these priests have not openly voiced their support for the bill but bishops are aware of their positions.
“We leave it to their conscience. We respect that. But majority are not in favor. I think, in their own moral and theological discernment, we should respect them for that,” Aniceto said.
Read full article @ PHILSTAR.com
- [In the news] Palace on RH: Democracy gives people a choice | The Philippine Star News Headlines (hronlineph.wordpress.com)
- [In the news] Reproductive Health bill now has new ally in Senate | Sun.Star (hronlineph.wordpress.com)
- Binay position on RH: Neither here nor there – INQUIRER.net, Philippine News for Filipinos (hronlineph.wordpress.com)
- Women, too, want to be heard on RH bill debate – INQUIRER.net, Philippine News for Filipinos (hronlineph.wordpress.com)
- [In the news] Ballooning population blamed for hunger | The Philippine Star News Headlines (hronlineph.wordpress.com)
- Christian Churches Back Reproductive Health Bill (ricojr2010.wordpress.com)