Women, too, want to be heard on RH bill debate – INQUIRER.net, Philippine News for Filipinos
By Philip Tubeza
Philippine Daily Inquirer
MANILA, Philippines—Instead of holding a dialogue only with Catholic bishops, President Benigno Aquino III should listen as well to women and other religious denominations for their views on the controversial reproductive health (RH) bill, a women’s group said Thursday.
Mr. Aquino should listen particularly to the actual experiences of ordinary women lacking access to RH services, said the Democratic Socialist Women of the Philippines (DSWP), reacting to reports that Malacañang had resumed a dialogue with Catholic prelates opposed to the RH bill.
“Again, men discuss our ovaries in our absence,” said DSWP chair Elizabeth Angsioco.
Mr. Aquino should be consulting with other religious groups because they have their own “valid sentiments on the issue” that deserve to be heard, she said.
- 3 Laguna solons vows to reject RH bill – INQUIRER.net, Philippine News for Filipinos (hreplibcis.wordpress.com)
- Church drive vs RH bill form of violence against women – solon – INQUIRER.net, Philippine News for Filipinos (hronlineph.wordpress.com)
- ‘Aquino pro-family planning stand unchanged’ – INQUIRER.net, Philippine News for Filipinos (hreplibcis.wordpress.com)
- PRESS RELEASE: RH Bill Fails to Pass in Philippines (deaconjohnspace.wordpress.com)
- May Lightning Strikes Rh Backers – Cbcp Webstream (ricojr2010.wordpress.com)