Don’t let Philippines become a ‘forgotten crisis’ – UN chief
By Agence France-Presse
December 22, 2013
MANILA – United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon called on donor nations Sunday to ramp up aid to typhoon-battered Philippines as it grapples with a funding shortfall on the long road to recovery.
“We must not allow this to be another forgotten crisis,” Ban told reporters a day after touring the storm-ravaged city of Tacloban.
He said the UN had only achieved 30 percent of the $791 million in aid it had appealed for to boost relief and rehabilitation efforts in areas devastated by Super Typhoon Haiyan last month.
Read full article @interaksyon.com
Human Rights Online Philippines does not hold copyright over these materials. Author/s and original source/s of information are retained including the URL contained within the tagline and byline of the articles, news information, photos etc.




![[Press Release] CHR Must Investigate Violent Police Dismantling of Dupax del Norte Barricade | ATM](https://hronlineph.com/wp-content/uploads/2026/01/491.jpg?w=1024)
![[Press Release] FDA-Flagged Cosmetics with Mercury Content Purchased in Naga City Despite the Ban (Poseur buyer offered to serve as reseller | EcoWaste Coalition](https://hronlineph.com/wp-content/uploads/2026/01/fda-flagged-skin-lightening-products-obtained-by-the-ecowaste-coalition-from-retail-stores-in-naga-city.jpg?w=1024)
![[Featured Article] Trapped on Their Own Land: Bukidnon Farmers Struggle for Control Under ‘Agrarian Reform’ | PMCJ](https://hronlineph.com/wp-content/uploads/2026/01/fb_img_1769755368397.jpg?w=1024)
![[Campaign] Call for Donations: Free our environmental and community defenders in Dupax del Nortw | ATM](https://hronlineph.com/wp-content/uploads/2026/01/fb_img_1769411733818.jpg?w=1024)
Leave a comment