Martsa ng Mamamayan para sa Karapatang Pantao or United Peoples March for Human Rights
We are facing challenging times with Human Rights and Democracy being assaulted here in the Philippines and globally. Because we are now confronted with the resurgence of dictatorship and the slow and near demise of democracy, there has never been a more urgent time to make our presence felt publicly and mobilize our human rights defenders, workers, advocates, activists and community sectoral partners as a movement on the streets for the Defense of Human Rights and Resistance to Dictatorship.
Our December 10, Human Rights Day public action is a United Peoples March for Human Rights or Martsa ng Mamamayan para sa Karapatang Pantao which is a series of events/programs spanning locations from Welcome Rotonda where the Human Rights Community shall be massing-up, to Bustillos Church where a Bishop will preside over a human rights mass.
Similar to the United Peoples SONA last July and the United Peoples Action last September, we shall be converging and joining forces with other big Human Rights Defense and Anti-Dictatorship formations in the Philippines.
Conduct: CARAVAN and MARCH
1st Mass up point (DAR, Elliptical Road) 7:00am to 7:30am
1. Mass-up for PAHRA and iDEFEND members joining solidarity program for Sicogon Farmers 7:00am to 7:30am, Department of Agrarian Reform (DAR)
2. DAR HR Caravan send-off and solidarity for Sicogon Farmers program: 7:30am to 8:00am
3. Transit from DAR to Welcome Rotonda- 8:00am to 8:30am
2nd Mass up point: Welcome, Rotonda , 8:30 – 9:00 am
4. Welcome Rotonda mass-up and program 8:30am to 9:00am
5. Transit from Welcome Rotonda to Plaza Miranda 9:00am to 9:30am
6. Plaza Miranda (mass-up area of allied social movements): 9:30am
7. Movement Against Tyranny (MAT) Sta. Cruz Church Mass, 9am to 10am.
3rd Mass up point: Plaza Miranda, Quiapo
8. Plaza Miranda program, iDEFEND with allied forces/social movements: 9:30am to 10:00am
9. March to Bonifacio Shrine: 10:00am to 10:30am
Convergence and Joint program with other formations at Bonifacio Shrine: 10:30am to 12:00nn
10. Joint march from Bonifacio Shrine to Mendiola: 12:00nn to 12:30pm
11. Joint program at Mendiola: 12:30pm to 1:30pm
12. March to Bustillos Church: 1:30pm to 2:00pm
13. Human Rights mass at Bustillos Church: 2:00pm to 3:00pm
END of Mobilization but HR Day activities continue and everyone encouraged to attend
3:00 PM : Pagpapasinaya ng Liwasang Diokno (CHR Compound)
6:30 PM : Tumindig Ka, Ipaglaban ang Karapatan Concert (CHR Compound)
For inquiries, please contact Rose 0927-763-1500 or Budit 0917-6494065
Those who would be needing rides/jeeps for your communities, please call us.
For solidarity in the human rights struggle!
Submit your contribution online through HRonlinePH@
Include your full name, e-mail address and contact number.
All submissions are republished and redistributed in the same way that it was originally published online and sent to us. We may edit submission in a way that does not alter or change the original material.
Human Rights Online Philippines does not hold copyright over these materials. Author/s and original source/s of information are retained including the URL contained within the tagline and byline of the articles, news information, photos etc.