Weekend HR Posts Rundown and Analysis
17 September, 2011
Human Rights Online Philippines features articles, blogs, news information and photos on human rights issues. It provides up-to-date information on human rights activities, events, campaigns, and solidarity actions in the Philippines. It aims not only to put human rights at the center of national discourse through digital media but also to elicit response from the public.
This week has been news and activity-filled information based on different thematic issues, sectoral concerns and other crosscutting problems.
1. Labor rights
Labor rights, though a very broad human rights issues pertains particularly to the protection and respect of human life in the workplace and the right to work itself. Among the labor rights are the rights to job safety, collective bargaining, and equal pay for equal work.
To support the rights of workers, HRonlinePH deemed it necessary to post statements, activities and events that tackle on the existing labor policies and practices in the country which do not only run contrary to international labor standard but also violate basic human rights to work.
- [Press Release] PALEA rally today is warning to PAL vs. lockout of workers
- [Press Release] Bishops agree to higher wages for workers – CWS
- [Blogger] PALEA’s history – koihernandez.wordpress.com
- [Press Release] In the first day of CWS National conference, Challenge for the Church is to be “Church of the Poor”
- [Press Release] Papal Nuncio, International Groups Show Solidarity to First Church People-Workers Conference
- [Press Release] Archbishop Lagdameo summons the Church to side with the oppressed – CWC
- [Press Release] Workers expect concrete support from the Church on local and national concerns