[From the web] President Aquino’s stand on responsible parenthood – www.gov.ph
2. I am in favor of giving couples the right to choose how best to manage their families so that in the end, their welfare and that of their children are best served.
3. The State must respect each individual’s right to follow his or her conscience and religious convictions on matters and issues pertaining to the unity of the family and the sacredness of human life from conception to natural death.
4. In a situation where couples, especially the poor and disadvantaged ones, are in no position to make an informed judgment, the State has the responsibility to so provide.
5. In the range of options and information provided to couples, natural family planning and modern methods shall be presented as equally available.
Posted April 18, 2011
Reference: Press briefing with Secretary Lacierda after the meeting between the CBCP and members of the Cabinet, November 19, 2010
- Aquino, Willing to Risk Excommunication for Rh Bill (ricojr2010.wordpress.com)
- “Tradition trumps Church teachings in Philippines” and related posts (ucanews.com)
- [In the news] Reproductive Health bill now has new ally in Senate | Sun.Star (hronlineph.wordpress.com)
- “President Aquino, confirm the policies for respect for life,” request from activists in the “Month for Life” (deaconforlife.blogspot.com)
- “President Aquino, confirm the policies for respect for life,” request from activists in the “Month for Life” (deaconjohnspace.wordpress.com)