We are Alyansa Tigil Mina (ATM), an alliance of mining-affected communities and civil society organizations challenging the aggressive promotion of destructive large-scale mining in the Philippines. We are a national campaign of more than a hundred local and national groups. We are looking for someone who will lead our communication and media work as a full-time staff.
We need someone who will:
· Be responsible for the production and coordination of communication materials for campaigns and advocacy projects such as articles, stories, publications and similar information resources.
· Manage and maintain our website and other social media platforms
· Coordinate with individuals and organization on the collection, archival and retrieval of media and communication resources
· Assist in research work and other field documentation requirements
· Work with our media partners and coordinate campaign actions and events
If you are:
· A graduate of any communication or community development courses or any related course;
· Experienced in a similar role in preparing media content and working with media organizations;
· Familiar with social media, blogging and website maintenance;
· Interested on issues around the environment, natural resources, indigenous peoples and human rights;
· Computer literate on office/productivity systems;
· Knowledge in imaging, video or lay-out software is an advantage;
· Willing to work long hours, travel as part of the work, team player, and able to work under pressure.
Submit resume, cover letter and two sample articles to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before January 23, 2013. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Human Rights Online Philippines does not hold copyright over these materials. Author/s and original source/s of information are retained including the URL contained within the tagline and byline of the articles, news information, photos etc.