The auction house Cornette de Saint Cyr will be presenting, among the more than 300 objects and documents, a few sets of handcuffs, a hand crusher, and hanging ropes.
Several human rights organisations already expressed their disagreement with the sale, denouncing the “commercialisation of torture”, and called on the French state to put a halt to the sale, if necessary by buying the lot for national museums.
Read full article @ worldwithouttorture.org
All submissions are republished and redistributed in the same way that it was originally published online and sent to us. We may edit submission in a way that does not alter or change the original material.
Human Rights Online Philippines does not hold copyright over these materials. Author/s and original source/s of information are retained including the URL contained within the tagline and byline of the articles, news information, photos etc.
- History of Russian torture unveiled (rt.com)
- Toulouse Gunman Sent Footage To News Channel (news.sky.com)
- Getting Closer to a Death Penalty-Free World (bodhirose.wordpress.com)
- Some before shots from yesteryear and the yesteryear before that! (thatardis.wordpress.com)
- Capital punishment: Russians want return of death penalty (rt.com)
- Algeria reportedly refuses body of Toulouse gunman (jta.org)
- The Father Of The Gunman Who Shot 7 People Is Suing The French Police For Killing His Son In A Siege (businessinsider.com)