MINING explorations in Benguet are continuously criticized by various non-government organizations due to its adverse effects to the environment, community health and to the indigenous peoples.
Members of the Bakun Aiwanan organization under CPA are protesting the mining exploration of the company at Sitio Bagta-ngan, Gambang [Phase 3] of the municipality.
Community members started picketing the exploration site since March 14 up to present.
Bakun Aiwanan representative, Dominga Gaspar, explained the Royalco explored and still operating at Proper Gambang (Phase 1) because the company keeps on renewing their license to operate.
Royalco also explored the boundary of Bakun and Mankayan which they called phase 2 but at present the operation ceased.
Read full article @ www.sunstar.com.ph
- Andy Bakun: Does anyone still use FriendFeed? Why? (quora.com)
- Andy Bakun: The intersection. (ilovecharts.tumblr.com)
- The Evil That People Do….to Mountains (michaelbengwayan.wordpress.com)
- “Eco-Terrorists”? – Exclusive Revelations (hornbillunleashed.wordpress.com)
- Hot Spots to Cool Down this Summer (asiahotels.com)