I am daughter of a desaparecido, but I was also a daughter of political prisoner.
Years ago, when I was still unconscious of how the society works; when all I know in life was toys and games; I saw my father in the news raising his fist up high. I asked my aunts what was happening and they just said that my father was now a super star. Amusing but I know it was never like that. The next thing I knew, I never saw my father again. Not until we visited him in Camp Crame. Not behind bars but still confine.
I am my Papa’s girl. And not being able to play with him was in no way easy. What more writing letter of how much you want to go to the zoo? Of how great you are in school? Of how much you miss him? Of when is he coming home? I was eight back then and still, I asked them where my father is? Lies were thrown at me that he was just working and can’t come home. Lies for I was too young to understand. To young to know. After a few months he was released.
But fate decided not to be good to our family. For after four years he was again taken from us. This time, we really have look hard for we don’t know where he is exactly. From hospital to morgue, to precinct to military camps. Mama was restless and scared. We are restless and scared. At twelve, I was still young. But old enough to know that it happened before. Old enough to understand and to know what was going on.
Read full article @ anakngdesaparecidos.wordpress.com
- Political prisoners start fasting until Aquino’s Sona – Bulatlat (indigenist.blogspot.com)
- [Urgent Action] A farmer was killed and his son was seriously wounded as a result of an alleged strafing by members of the Philippine Army (PA)- www.tfdp.net (hronlineph.wordpress.com)
- [Press Release] Labor group hopeful of the release of political prisoners as peace talks make headway – Partido ng Manggagawa (hronlineph.wordpress.com)
- [Press Release] Rights group dismayed over PNoy’s late clemency on Umbrero – www.tfdp.net (hronlineph.wordpress.com)
- [People] TALKING POINTS on HUMAN RIGHTS SITUATIONER 2011 By Dr. Renato Mabunga (hronlineph.wordpress.com)
- Political Prisoners in the USA (moorbey.wordpress.com)
- [Blogger] Ninoy Aquino is still in Jail by prisonersphilippines.wordpress.com (hronlineph.wordpress.com)
- 16-year-old son of a 1980′s political prisoner was summoned and harshly interrogate because he gave news of his father’s re-arrest (mehrejavedan.wordpress.com)
- [Press Release] Rights groups stage solidarity fast for political prisoners’ hunger strike (hronlineph.wordpress.com)
- [Featured Story] Political Prisoner Longs for Freedom, The Story of Juanito Itaas (Part 1)- TFDP (hronlineph.wordpress.com)