by CAT Alert! cannotallowtorture.blogspot.com
In observance of the Lenten Season we are posting again a portion of the statement released by Philippine Alliance of Human Rights Advocates (PAHRA) during the launching of the CAT Alert campaign three years ago. Here it goes…
Since time immemorial, torture has been humanity’s option for clinging to power and in suppressing truth. This happened to St. Stephen, the first martyr of the Church, during his stoning to death.
This was humanity’s betrayal of Christ which ended up in the nailing on the cross. Indeed, He was a torture victim.
Being sold for thirty pieces of silver; tried in public to denounce the supremacy of God over Ceasar; scourged at the pillar to test the vulnerability of the Son of God; crowned with thorns to disgrace the very sanctity of His Father.
Torture was a method perpetrated with presumed regularity within the very procedures in the implementation of the law of man. Today, this is still happening.
This is happening to any Juan, Pedro, and Maria in their quest to protect integrity and dignity as individuals or communities in the Philippines.
See more photos @ cannotallowtorture.blogspot.com
- HROnlinePH Featured HR Blog of the week: CAT Alert! Cannotallowtorture.blogspot.com (hronlineph.wordpress.com)
- Good Friday! Jesus and the Christ (tammyleonard.com)
- For Your Joy In Christ Jesus (injesus.wordpress.com)
- Jesus Christ is ALIVE, NOT DEAD (kjreyes13.wordpress.com)
- Good Friday (khami.wordpress.com)